Brief outline of ARACIS participation in the international project
EFFECTIVE INVOLVEMENT OF STAKEHOLDERS IN EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE ACTIVITIES – ESQA
Project type: project co-financed by the Erasmus + Program
No. agreement: 2018-3821 / 014-001
No. project: 607068-EPP-1-2018-1-RO-EPPKA3-BOLOGNA
Implementation period: 24 months (May 2019 – April 2021)
1. MINISTERUL EDUCATIEI NATIONALE (MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION – ROMANIA)
2. AGENTIA NATIONALA DE ASIGURARE A CALITATII IN EDUCATIE SI CERCETARE – ANACEC, R. of Moldova (NATIONAL AGENCY FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE IN EDUCAYION AND RESEARCH)
3. AGENTIA ROMANA DE ASIGURARE A CALITATII IN INVATAMANTUL SUPERIOR – ARACIS, Romania (NATIONAL AGENCY FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION)
4. ASSOCIATION EUROPÉENNE D’INSTITUTIONS DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPÉRIEUR – EURASHE
5. DANMARKS AKKREDITERINGSINSTITUTION – DAI, Denmark
6. EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION AISBL – ENQA
7. EUROPEAN STUDENTS’ UNION – ESU
8. HAUT CONSEIL DE L’EVALUATION DE LA RECHERCHE ET DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPERIEUR – HCERES, France
9. NATSIONALNA AGENTSIYA ZA OTSENYAVANE I AKREDITATSIYA – NEAA, Bulgaria
ARACIS is currently involved as a partner in the project “Effective involvement of stakeholders in external quality assurance activities” (ESQA) led by the Romanian Ministry of National Education. The project is funded by the Erasmus+ programme Key Action 3 – Support to Policy Reform.
Objectives and project activities
The ESQA project aims to support the activity of the Peer Group C on stakeholders’ involvement in external quality assurance (EQA). It will explore various categories of stakeholder engagement and expectations stakeholders have towards EQA with the aim to make this engagement effective and diversified. Recommendations will be provided to the national authorities and QA agencies in terms of stakeholders’ involvement, regarding ways to strengthen dialogue and cooperation, as well for their effective involvement in QA processes. A Study and a Guideline on stakeholders’ involvement will be developed, and respectively peer-learning activities will be organised with the participation of the TPG C (Thematic Peer Group C) on QA members.
The consortium is led by the Romanian Ministry of National Education and includes five QA agencies (the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, ARACIS; the High Council for the evaluation of Research and Higher education, HCÉRES; the National Evaluation and Accreditation Agency, NEAA; the Danish Accreditation Institution, DAI; and the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research, ANACEC; as well as European stakeholder organisations representing QA agencies (the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, ENQA), HEIs (the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education, EURASHE) and students (the European Students’ Union, ESU).